AMET has formulated a system of student support and mentoring in a structured manner. The student support and mentoring are offered to the student’s right from the admission till their graduation. Here, an effective mentoring relationship is characterized by mutual respect, trust, understanding, and empathy. Our mentors are able to share life experiences and wisdom, as well as technical expertise with the students. They are good listeners, good observers, and good problem-solvers. They make an effort to know, accept and respect the goals and interests of a student. In the end, they establish an environment in which the student's accomplishment is limited only by the extent of his or her talent.
Objectives of Mentoring Program
- To interact with students about their need, problems, difficulties and address them effectively.
- To mentor students to participate in various technical and cultural events for their overall development.
- To regularly observes the overall growth of student by updating the green card and provide counselling whenever required.
- To guide the students to ease the transition from school to work.
- To gain access to the professional community.
Responsibilities of Mentor
- Professional and Personal Guidance.
- Internships, Industrial Trainings & Industry Readiness.
- Higher studies exposure.
- Guiding the mentee regarding choice of electives, add on courses (NPTEL, SWAYAM, MOOC & Value Added Courses), external certifications and project works.
- Participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Providing special attention on slow learners.
Issues to be discussed with the students by mentor
- Personal study timetable.
- Attendance in the classes and practical.
- Economic status.
- Area of Interest.
- Hostel / Food issues.
- Confidence level.
- Personal, familial, social and academic issues.
Frequency of meeting
In AMET, we follow the best possible mentoring system (i.e.) Total Development Mentoring System for the benefit of the students. The mentor mentee ratio is 1:20 which greatly helps the mentor to focus on all the issues raised by the students. The mentor meets the student once in a month and whenever required to discuss about the academics & other beneficiary topics.
Student feedback is a mandatory procedure in AMET. Every student is expected to give the feedback once in a semester on various parameters. The feedback is regarding course coverage and other parameters to improve the course delivery methodologies etc.
Feedback is collected in Online. Software with the parameters to be considered, the name of the faculty handling the subjects for each class is prepared. A schedule is prepared for feedback to be given by all classes. The students of each class go to the laboratories assigned for them, use their login ID and password and give confidential feedback for each faculty handling class for them based on a standard questionnaire.
Feedback about the department and institution is received from the students and the parents through suggestion box and Email. It focuses on the infrastructures, facilities and practices.
Vice Chancellor and HOD addresses student representatives from each year to obtain feedback and suggestions regarding academic and co-curricular activities directly. This feedback is then shared with concerned faculty members for remedial actions.