Admission Guidelines for International Admission
University Centre for International Relations (UCIR) department has been exclusively established to look after the welfare of International students studying at AMET. The welfare activities includes but not limited to providing familiarization about safety and security procedures to be followed in and around the campus, familiarization about respective Programmes and academic curriculum, familiarization about national and regional culture, familiarization about AMET code of conduct etc.
UCIR is entrusted with the responsibility of securing residential permit to all the international students by carrying out the mandated immigration procedures. UCIR resolves international student’s academic and non academic grievances thereby facilitating to their progress in academic and extracurricular activities. UCIR serves as a central point of communication for all correspondence with the sponsors of International students and the parents/guardians of individual students.
International student’s medical requirements are swiftly met through the functional network of UCIR. Precisely, UCIR operates as a single window system to cater to the entire needs of international students from the time of their initial entry to AMET until their final exit.
The gamut of UCIR activities from A to Z:
- To facilitate admission process for foreign students.
- To provide orientation and counseling to the foreign students before and after the admission
- To maintain data base of foreign students studying at AMET.
- To address the academic and nonacademic grievances of the foreign students.
- To be the custodian of foreign students Passport, Residential permit and testimonials.
- To assist foreign students to get their visas, residential permits and extending the same.
- To facilitate the issuance of Uniforms and sports suits to foreign students.
- To arrange periodical cultural meet exclusively for foreign students.
- To provide update about the academic progress of foreign students to their respective sponsors.
- To liaise with Head of the Departments of foreign students regarding academic activity.
- To liaise with wardens of foreign students regarding nonacademic activity.
- To liaise with Department of accounts to facilitate issuance of pocket money and funds for exigencies incurred by foreign students.
- To liaise with catering officer with respect to the food aspects of foreign students.
- To liaise with the Department of Physical Education to facilitate sports activities of foreign students.
- To coordinate with the sponsors regarding the arrival and departure flight ticket schedule of foreign students.
- To facilitate issuance of study material to foreign students
- To facilitate issuance of Identity card to foreign students.
- To facilitate the issuance of Bona fide certificate, Residential permit and Financial guarantee certificates.
- To be present as a member in committee’s convened to inquire foreign students
- To arrange health insurance for foreign students.
- To facilitate training and development of English language skills
- To facilitate opening and closing of Bank account for foreign students.
- To facilitate medical checkup and treatment of foreign students.
- To maintain the annual strength of foreign students since inception.
- To facilitate the availability of university transport for foreign students.
- To provide course and fees information inquired by foreign students aspiring to join AMET.
Admission Enquiry - International
Mobile Number : 91 - 93806 56699
For International Admission Enquiry E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype ID : admission.amet