Department of Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
Department of Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering was established in 2007. The Department of Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering is coming under the School of Offshore Engineering. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering deals with Design and Construction of Ships and Offshore Structures.
Department offers an excellent opportunity for all young Engineers, Naval Architects, Offshore Professionals and Structural engineers to streamline their task in Marine Industry. Department is equipped with experienced faculty members and also young, energetic and enthusiastic professionals from the field. Internship training is arranged to students in various shipyards, during the vacations for second and third years of study. The final year students are encouraged to undertake their Project works within the Industry. The objective of the Department is to produce well qualified professionals to serve in India as well as abroad in the areas of Ship Design, Ship Building and Offshore Engineering
To bring in quality education and research of highest International standards to transform the young minds academically intelligent, technically creative, ethically sound, emotionally strong and valuable to the society
- To improve the analytical and numerical skills of the students to enrich them in innovation and research
- To develop innovative design technologies to augment the ship building helping the graduates in career development and higher studies
- To collaborate with other Institutes and Industries for projects, consultancy and research activities
|Name of the Programme||Sanctioned intake|
|B.E. (Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering)||90|
|M. TECH (Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering)||18|
- First Deemed University in India to introduce specialized programme in BE Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering.
- Mandatory software training for Design of Marine structures is provided to students.
- TRIBON /Aveva Marine (Ship design)
- DNV SESAM (Structural analysis of offshore structures)
- PRIMAVERA (Project Management)
- Manual ship design calculations & drawings - Hands on training on manual drawings on ships’ lines plan, GA, etc. for 5 Semesters.
- Mandatory Internship in industry for 2-4 weeks and major project work with industry for M.Tech and B.E. programme in their final years.
- Certification programme on Primavera P6 Project management software by Oracle and Infinity PMC.
- Industrial visit organized with various industries for students to get connected their theoretical and experimental understanding with real time applications.