Conducted in collaboration with Glasgow College of Nautical Studies, U.K and approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (UK)
- A pass in Plus-two (12th Standard) or its equivalent with minimum 50 aggregate in Maths, Physics and Chemistry Group and minimum 50% marks in English.
Age : Maximum 25 years
Course Duration : 2 Years
Medical Standard : Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under standard norms, with eye sight upto 6/12 in both eyes or 6/9 in better eye, 6/18 in other eye and with no colour blindness. The candidate will have to appear in IELTS examination for english proficiency with minimum score of 5.5.
This is a fully residential course
- Phase 1 : 45 weeks at AMET University, Chennai, studying HND units.
- Phase 2 : 45 weeks at GCNS, Glasgow, studying HND units to qualify for the award of a HND in Marine Engineering.
- Phase 3 : 6 months of sea service to qualify for entry to the MCA 4
- Class 4 Certificates of Competency (Marine Engineering Officer) examination. Success in the HND will qualify for exemption from all academic subjects of the class 2 and class 1 Certificates of Competency.